Joff Hanauer Honors Professor in Western Civilization, 2022-24
Ph.D. 2010, Northwestern University
- Grandmothering While Black: A Twenty-First Century Story of Love, Coercion, and Survival (University of California Press)
- Alson, W. Robinson, L. Pittman, and K. Doll. (February 25, 2021). “Measures of Systemic Racism into Population Studies of Reproductive Health in the United States: A Narrative Review.” Health Equity. 5 (1): 1-10. https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/heq.2020.0081
- Pittman, L. and D. Oakley. (2018). “It Was Love In All the Buildings They Tore Down”: How Caregiving Grandmothers Create and Experience a Sense of Community in Chicago Public Housing. City & Community. 17(2): 461-484, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cico.12280.
- Pittman, LaShawnDa. "Grandparents as Caregivers for Grandchildren with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities", in Health Care for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities across the Lifespan. Cham: Springer International Publishing AG, 2016.
- AFRAM 260 A: African American Family
- AFRAM 405 A: Advanced African American Studies in Social Science
Introduction to African American Studies
African American Families
Race, Ethnicity, and U.S. Public Policy
American Sociological Association, Association of Black Sociologists, Gerontological Society of America, Society for the Study of Social Problems, Work and Family Researchers Network